Oral Surgery in Baton Rouge
Dental Care in Baton Rouge offers dental services at reasonable prices. If you’re seeking dental services for oral health care needs, oral surgery, or other dental services, you’ll want a dentist that you feel comfortable with and who will understand your concerns.
Not all dentists are created equal and Tiger Smile Family Dentistry in Baton Rouge strives to offer quality dental care, making sure that patients are comfortable during all procedures including oral surgery. Don’t let fear of going to the dentist be a part of your life. There are many ways to work through this and our dentists are here to help.
It’s understandable to have some fear of the unknown. Ask what procedures need to be done and how they will go about it. Share the fears and anxiety with the care team and have them help walk you through the process. The more informed a patient is, the better they are able to cope with a visit to the dentist.
There are many types of oral surgery including wisdom teeth extraction. Many are fearful to go to the dentist. At Tiger Smile Family Dentistry, we want to make sure that the patient has a good dental experience.
- Tiger Smile Family Dentistry offers oral surgery delivered by a team of dentists who aim for successful results
- Through this oral surgery, we can help you restore your smile back and help boost your confidence
- Our dentists and staff will explain everything to you thoroughly to ensure that you are on the same page as us
Why Do You Need Oral Surgery or Dental Surgery?
The need for oral surgery may be as common as a wisdom tooth extraction. On the other hand, it is suggested to solve cosmetic of reconstructive needs.
When Do You Need Oral Surgery?
It could be due to the following reasons:
- Facial pain or TMJ/TMD
- Misaligned jaw
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Wisdom teeth issues / extraction
- Reconstructive surgery following an injury
- Cancer in the face, jaw or neck area
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
Getting Ready For Your Oral Surgery
Before your oral surgery, it is very important that you get things in order. Here are some of the preparations that you must take to help the process easier and feel lighter:
- Be fully informed – knowing everything to know about your surgery is very important. Here at Tiger Smile Family Dentistry, we make sure to fully explain to our patients the whole procedure and our staff is always open to answer any of your questions. Don’t be afraid to ask, we are more than happy to keep you informed.
- Have a ride to and from the dental facility – this is very important especially if you’re having a procedure that includes sedation. A trusted family member or a friend should accompany you to the facility to drive you home. This is because anesthesia can impair your judgment and make it difficult for you to drive. In the case that no one is available to accompany you, take a cab or an Uber.
- Fasting – should your oral surgery include sedation, you will be advised not to eat or drink after midnight before your surgery.
- Give yourself time – on the day of the surgery, arrive a couple of minutes early for your appointment to give you more time to complete any last-minute paperwork. This will also give you some time to relax.
Recovering After Your Surgery
We will provide you with post-operative instructions that will prevent any risk of infection or trauma.
You can also follow these general guidelines:
- Bleeding after tooth extraction – slight bleeding following a tooth extraction is normal and may be noticed for up to 24 hours after the surgery. Our dentist will provide you with a gauze that you can use to minimize the bleeding. In the case that you continue to have bleeding in the surgical area after 24 hours, contact your dentist.
- Swelling – this is a normal response to various types of oral surgery. When this happens, keeping your head elevated with pillows will help. Use an ice pack on your face for the first 24 hours after the surgery. Usually, the swelling goes away within 7-10 days.
- Pain after surgery – here at Tiger Smile Family Dentistry, we will provide you with the proper pain medications depending on the surgery that was done to you. If you underwent wisdom teeth extraction all you have to do is follow the instructions that we will give you.
- Rest – resting for at least two days after the surgery is important. Avoid doing any physical activities first.
- Oral hygiene – brush and floss gently and just lightly rinse your mouth with water. Avoid mouthwash and let the waterfall out of your mouth on its own.
Here at Tiger Smile Family Dentistry, we offer oral surgery services such as wisdom tooth extraction and we also have a reliable sedation dentistry in case you are scared to go through this procedure. We will make sure you receive quality care! Contact us today and we will be happy to assist you. Check out our other dental services in Baton Rouge!
429 E Airport Ave Suite 3, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Monday & Wednesday – 8am to 5pm
Tuesday & Thursday – 7am to 3pm
Friday to Sunday – Closed